Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil Change Shop reviews
awd4kicks
post Feb 16 2009, 07:11 PM
Post #1

DSMCentral Godfather

Group: Admin
Member No.: 26

Through the years I have paid to have my oil changed a scant handful of times. With this truck, I have found changing the oil filter to be a huge pain in the ass and an oily mess Which has made me consider paying for an oil change. So tonight I went by Uftring in Washington, because I had received a free oil change coupon back a few months ago and they seemed to do ok.

Well, it's a Hell of a difference when you have to pay. I walked out of the door paying just over $37 to change 6 quarts of oil and a filter. They told me the base oil change price was 29.95 and that mine would cost a little more because it would take an extra quart of oil. Even though that was about $3-$5 higher than I expected, I was already there and it needed to be done. The extra quart with tax ended up costing me an additional $7 I guess.

When I worked at Saturn we changed oil for the mid $20 range, but we also washed the car and offered other services. I received neither of these for the higher price I paid at Uftring. I do NOT foresee myself going back there.

Who else can provide a review of local oil change shops. I don't like the idea of having some high school drop out work on my vehicles at the quick lube joints. Still, I am interested to see what everyone thinks about other shops in the area.

--------------------
In Loving memory of David T Crebo
Greatness comes from the most unexpected places!
user posted image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:47 PM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions