Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Running Down A Silver Bullet
Kazz5
post Apr 27 2005, 02:19 PM
Post #1

Post Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 318

spy - where the hell is your write-up? I've been waiting to read it all damned day.

Basically, this red demoncart comes screaming up, locking up its brakes trying to stop next to me at a stop... at the tree this morning - I'd made a quick run to the strip this am you see and this guy apparently had to.

Anyway, traffic being what it can be at the strip on an early morning it wasn't the fairest start on this first run but I believe I may have gotten a drop. The winter all-seasons still being on and little rubber on the strip there was some awd shriek and launch. Looked in my side view to find him. He stayed there 'til 3rd gear and was about to take me in 4th when ... um, the track ended - 1/8th mile track I guess.

We ran the loop 'round and got an almost-stopped start. Tremendous awd shriek and launch once more (Poor winter tires, dammit - although it all seemed to work well). This time he was in the other lane. I couldn't see the bastard 'til 'bout the end of third gear. Then in 4th he took me. That's that.

I'd shifted in the high 7s the first time and shifting is difficult at those Rs with my transmission for some reason so the second time it was around 7 or just over with better shifting results.

I understand that red beast has had some tuning since Marcus' last write-up but that's all I know. Mine's still awaiting 3"DP, test pipe and O2 housing - but she looks and drives faster w/the springs and sway. Time for some boost leak checks, etc as well. *Laugh*

Anyway, nice runs - better than any AM caffeine.

Now, for spy's write-up in his inimitable style...

--------------------
... she likes bein' forced ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 10:04 AM
Design by: IPB Download & eBusiness Discussions