Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $$$$$$$$$$$
DSMCentral > Forum > Kills
Kazz5
... it hasn't run the silver Evo 8 yet ... *laugh* what year is it ya terd???
natedogg
Gotta luv dat V8 rumble! biggthumpup.gif
Coiled
Spy my guess is you're dropping 240ish rwhp A4? M6? The hypertech programmers suck.

I'll go for a piece of the fbod wink.gif
Coiled
You gonna hit the Crooz in, in crevetucky tonight?
Coiled
Creve Couer Shotgun Willies, go up the hill take a left at the light you can't miss it 6-9pm.
RacerX11
Stock LT1's in decent shape will put down ~255-270WHP. 16+? Either the car is sick, or you can't drive it. You might want to give her a good ole tuneup, and pay special attention to the crappy optispark distributor. They are known to hamper an otherwise well-running engine.

Of course it wouldn't be able to keep pace with an Evo, but low 14's or high 13's should be easy.

If it is running what it is capable of, the Grand Am won't come close.

Marty
Coiled
What year Elty Juan did you pick up? That is going to make a difference on your to disable the CAGS.
RacerX11
Easiest way is to unplug it (solenoid on the side of the tranny). This will result in the check engine light coming on. This can be avoided by putting a resistor in the harness. I will check and see what size resitor you need. It is a $0.10 mod, versus to ~$50 plug people sell.

Marty
RacerX11
Here's a write-up on the CAGS elimination: http://www.installuniversity.com/install_u...radio_shack.htm

If you are having problems with the shifter, I highly reccomend a B&M Ripper. The shifter and CAGS elimination were the first two mods I perfromed on my car, and have never regretted them. The shifter eliminates the factory rubber bushing, and makes a much more solid connection, with shorter throws. It is the best $150 you can spend to increase your driving enjoyment.

Marty
Coiled
Here's a good site to check on things....Obviously you can find stuff cheaper than these guy's prices.

http://www.tbyrne.com/lt1catalog.html

Aftermarket shifter is a must with the 6spd.

Pro 5.0's are what most people rave about for them, I would avoid the hurst at all cost it's overpriced and crap.
awd4kicks
I'll take on your shiny red turd in the nearly stock FWD... Bring IT!
awd4kicks
Easy! Let's just say loser buys diner afterwards. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Hell NO! I couldn't stand the sight of you in a dress but you are my biatch! laugh.gif
awd4kicks
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif

Good thing I didn't see this last post...otherwise I would be owning a Supra side mount like the GST owned that big shiny red TA turd!!! biggthumpup.gif

I was a little concerned after hearing Marty's opinion of the LT1's potential track times, but the good ol LT1 came through again by building up the DSM's reputation.

The starts were fair and the cars were actually pretty evenly matched in the first two gears, but to my benefit it was all GST after that!

See what you can do with an old DSM that just needs a little TLC! Free mods and an MBC dialed in at 13-14psi for the stock fuel pump and exhaust. wink.gif

So she is still for sale but now we are talking $2500 obo.

Buh-Bye!
Kazz5
?????

... didn't want a piece of the silver evo I guess ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.