Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vicary Day - Sunday October 15th
DSMCentral > Forum > Events
Pages: 1, 2, 3
awd4kicks
Alright fellas,

Everyone talks about this event and most PLAN to go. Now it's time to make it official. I don't have exact times and dollars yet, I'm sure it will be the same as years before though.

Who all is planning on bringing something to Vicary Day this year?

I for one will be hoping for a new personal best in the Talon this year. Hopefully hanging on with some of the faster domestics, and if Im lucky i would like to show a few of them a set of tail lights. biggrin.gif
treydawgs4g63T
Well , I should have the talon broke in and ready to also tear up some domestics buy then so count me "IN". regardless Ill be there wether it be racing or watching.

1 in
mitsu90
I am planning on being there with the galant. might be on a 14b or it might be on something a little bigger ph34r.gif
treydawgs4g63T
QUOTE (mitsu90 @ Sep 14 2006, 07:31 AM)
I am planning on being there with the galant. might be on a 14b or it might be on something a little bigger ph34r.gif

work some over time and buy Toms BR580 Its cheap and in perfect condition. $650 with no shaft play and very well taken care of.
Kazz5
Not planning on it - but it COULD happen. Have some things I'd want to do first and I'm not sure I'd get to them - ya never know ... tongue.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Already on the calender-OCT 15th according to Cordova'a website.
It's a double race weekend for me, I'm running Cordova that Friday with the group of guys I work with and plan on going to Sunday's Vicary day!

Should be the last hurrah of the year for me.

Anybody for match races??? rolleyes.gif
AWD DSM 1
Might make it... who know's what I'll bring though. laugh.gif
treydawgs4g63T
so does this mean your keeping the talon also?
AWD DSM 1
Haven't made up my mind entirely...
haunter
bad weekend for me
turbohcar
Anybody interested in a shot at the F-bod??? Given that I'll be working the new job by then, I don't see any reason I shouldn't be able to participate. New wires are going on Tuesday so she'll be race-ready. Exhaust may be going on sometime between now and the 15th too.

Callouts:
Black92tsiawd
AWD DSM 1

Predictions:
Black WIN by 10+ cars
AWD WIN by 2 cars

Given current modifications those numbers should be about right. 14.1 is about the fastest I expect out of it in stock form so we'll see what happens.

Who else wants a piece of the slow Fbody? Maybe I'll bring some of my other F-bod friends too....
treydawgs4g63T
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Sep 15 2006, 12:17 PM)
Who else wants a piece of the slow Fbody? Maybe I'll bring some of my other F-bod friends too....

The more the better, bring em' all that way we DSM'ers can show them how it is!
black92_tsi_awd
Turbo
I accept.... tongue.gif Although I don't think it'll be 12 cars, I'm thinking more like 14 laugh.gif

AWD DSM 1
I think we need to meet up, Talon or 3000 will be fine!! biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
Turbo, I think your giving your car a bit of credit thinking 14.1... That is an Lt1 isn't it. laugh.gif

I'm just glad you didn't call me out. Mine will probably break on the line if I can get it there. rolleyes.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Sep 15 2006, 02:12 PM)
Turbo,  I think your giving your car a bit of credit thinking 14.1...  That is an Lt1 isn't it.  laugh.gif

I'm just glad you didn't call me out.  Mine will probably break on the line if I can get it there.  rolleyes.gif

Thinks so eh? LT1 Powah it is true. I think you underestimate the speed of this land yacht. 3.23 gears with a posi help motivate that big black booty instead of the base 2.93's.

I wouldn't dare call you out Kicks, I wouldn't want to embarass you!!!! gig gig gig!! biggrin.gif

Gawd I'm a sucker for a black girl with a big arse!
AWD DSM 1
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Sep 15 2006, 12:39 PM)
AWD DSM 1
I think we need to meet up, Talon or 3000 will be fine!! biggthumpup.gif

Hell, maybe I'll bring both.... biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
The more the merrier!!! biggthumpup.gif
99Spyder
You guys need to keep talking shit so that I will actually get my ass out in the garage and get some fuel lines ran. My goal from the beginning has been to be able to throw down on a stock F body. I wonder if I trust my ride to make it that far...
turbohcar
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Sep 15 2006, 08:35 PM)
You guys need to keep talking shit so that I will actually get my ass out in the garage and get some fuel lines ran. My goal from the beginning has been to be able to throw down on a stock F body. I wonder if I trust my ride to make it that far...

Bring it Barney!!! Is that thing just as slow as it looks cuz that hood scoop would look better on my car. Are you sure that little four-banger will make it 1320 feet without falling apart? Lord knows it takes more torque to spin those huge wheels than what your motor makes! Your lugnuts probably have more torque than your entire engine makes!

Ok, enough with the personal jests as I could go on all night. But seriously...

Calling Out:
99Spyder (you better make it!)

Predictions:
99Spyder LOSE by 2 cars

Is it just me or does this feel like an episode on Pinks?
black92_tsi_awd
How about 99Spyder races Turbocar....and I'll race the winner?

So I don't waste my time beating both of you ph34r.gif

Turbocar, If this was pinks, you be asking me for 10 lengths!
turbohcar
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Sep 15 2006, 08:51 PM)
How about 99Spyder races Turbocar....and I'll race the winner?

So I don't waste my time beating both of you ph34r.gif

Turbocar, If this was pinks, you be asking me for 10 lengths!

LOL biggrin.gif

Nah 10 lengths isn't enough. You got dat there fer wheel drive system. I gotta have atleast 12 lengths if wer gonna race! biggthumpup.gif
How about that last episode with the Camaro and Firebird. The Tosto brothers I believe. The one in the Firebird made the Camaro move back almost to the waterbox putting him at a disadvantage as his car was geared perfectly for the 1/4mile. Moving him back slowed him down because he couldn't keep his foot in it at the end for fear of blowing up the motor.
black92_tsi_awd
Yeah, that was actually some good racing. Not alot of BS like usual.

Kind of funny how the car stopped right below the researve and didn't sell EBAY LINK

That's the "interesting part" Hmmmm, they annouce the researve at $42 K and it just so happens no one reaches it and now the brothers get to keep the car. cool.gif
turbohcar
Meh, it was kinda sad I thought. It's too bad his clutch started slipping cause of the oil leak. I wonder if they fixed that before the auction...

Definitely the best pinks show EVAR!
turbohcar
Marcus, I need times ASAP as I'll be listing this on other websites (with your permission of course) to let other people know. Thanks!
awd4kicks
I'll see what I can do on the Vicary Day Facts. You are more than welcome to let more people know about it...It's Eric Vicary's event, not mine.

BTW - You all may want to look in 99spyder's garage before you count him out so quickly. all things are not as they initially apear. wink.gif
turbohcar
What do you mean? All I see is exterior mods...

http://www.dsmcentral.com/invision/index.p...CODE=12&CID=105
awd4kicks
You may have to go to Spyders house and look in his garage when he invites the group over for a get-together to see the awesome power potential that he is apparently keeping secret on his virtual garage. biggrin.gif
99Spyder
OK, so maybe it is not quite up to date. I must have left out that it is automatic ph34r.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Sep 16 2006, 10:43 PM)
You may have to go to Spyders house and look in his garage when he invites the group over for a get-together to see the awesome power potential that he is apparently keeping secret on his virtual garage.  biggrin.gif

huh.gif Eh, the way it sounds he'll be lucky if it makes it out of the garage! biggthumpup.gif

I hope that's enough motivation for you Spyder, I expect to hear that you're out there working dilligently.
black92_tsi_awd
No fair keeping secrets!!! I guess I have to start blabbing my mouth so much!!

Hmmmm, how about some hints Spyder???
99Spyder
QUOTE (turbohcar @ Sep 17 2006, 07:29 AM)
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Sep 16 2006, 10:43 PM)
You may have to go to Spyders house and look in his garage when he invites the group over for a get-together to see the awesome power potential that he is apparently keeping secret on his virtual garage.  biggrin.gif

huh.gif Eh, the way it sounds he'll be lucky if it makes it out of the garage! biggthumpup.gif

I hope that's enough motivation for you Spyder, I expect to hear that you're out there working dilligently.

I did spend from midnight to 2:30 out there last night.

Hints huh...

The main power adder is a ported FP big 16G. Problem is I am still on the stock fuel system and can't hit more than 14psi before running out of juice. That is until the latest round of upgrades is done.
awd4kicks
Well I've made some statements over on CSS and called out a guy I know with a Cobra with every bolt on imaginable. He probably won't come through, but since I've made my presence known, I have now been called out by another Cobra with the juice.

So this years V-day may get exciting assuming my car stays together. laugh.gif
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Sep 17 2006, 06:07 PM)
The main power adder is a ported FP big 16G. Problem is I am still on the stock fuel system and can't hit more than 14psi before running out of juice. That is until the latest round of upgrades is done.

Hmmm, an overstressed ported 14B against a under fueled ported big 16g....sounds like a race to me! biggrin.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (99Spyder @ Sep 17 2006, 06:07 PM)

I'll make a revised prediction when I know the car is out of the garage. Until then, it stands!!! tongue.gif
turbohcar
I wonder if the Goatboy has the decency to show up. He's always talking, maybe he can back it up... Here little Goat! Come to papa!
awd4kicks
Here are the details:

$40 per racer

Gates open at 9am

Racing starts at 10am

Racing ends at 6pm

See you there! biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Damn 8 hours to break something ohmy.gif

They'll be running some bracket racing won't they? I seem to remember that from last years.
turbohcar
The date is getting closer boys. Two weeks from today, WHO'S READY????

I know I am. The Hooker Cat-back is on and she's definitely race ready. I took her from a dead stop to about 115mph today and she feels strong. I've just got to change the rear diff fluid, add the additive, and we're set for drag day.

Are all my callouts ready? I know blackboy is, Rob? 99Spyder? you guys ready for a buttwhooping? etc... etc.... (insert various internet smack here)

I've got some other guys coming as well. They are:

Z28.com Members:
Squirrelishere (tenative)
Titan95

Non-members:
Steve, 91 Ford Mustang GT vert ? capable
Brian, 05 Subaru Forester 2.5XT 13.4 capable
Tom, 86 Buick Regal T-Type sub 12.0 capable w/ wheelstands (tenative)

Keep 'em comin!
Mitsu 77
I would go but she's apart and I don't know when she's going back together. I could put her together but it would be with out my SMIM and staged injection. Blah, have fun boys. biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I am definitely going. Whether or not I can scrape up something to race will remain to be seen.

I'd like to get a caravan going and make a trip out of it.
black92_tsi_awd
QUOTE (awd4kicks @ Oct 2 2006, 06:23 AM)
I'd like to get a caravan going and make a trip out of it.

When and where? biggthumpup.gif
awd4kicks
I don't feel the need to be there right at 9am. So I'm going to suggest that we meet somewhere along I74 at 8am and leave by 8:15. That should put us in Cordova by 10am. I would say meet at the paradice, but I'm not sure that you can get on I74 West from there with construction going on.

Any suggestions on location?
black92_tsi_awd
AWD DSM, JBone and I met at the Kickapoo Exit Shell station along 74 for the SCDC. Worked pretty well.
awd4kicks
Altirhgt! Let's do that then.
turbohcar
I'd like to caravan with you but I'll be going up the day before. The g/f has an aunt that lives there so we're staying with her the night before. I'll be at the track around 10 though. See ya there!
turbohcar
Anybody else have any pre-race predictions? I know I'm not the only one getting excited!
black92_tsi_awd
12.5's...

And smoking a certain Camaro ph34r.gif
turbohcar
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Oct 5 2006, 08:44 PM)
12.5's...

And smoking a certain Camaro ph34r.gif

cool.gif I have no idea who you're talking about.

Hey who knows, maybe I'll bring my friend Pete... ya know, sneaky Pete. biggthumpup.gif
black92_tsi_awd
Sneaky Pete huh...hmmmmm, interesting.

I hope Pete's bringing his brother too... biggrin.gif

Actually, I haven't heard the term "Sneaky Pete" in a long time, didn't think they still made them!
turbohcar
QUOTE (black92_tsi_awd @ Oct 6 2006, 08:40 AM)
Sneaky Pete huh...hmmmmm, interesting.

I hope Pete's bringing his brother too... biggrin.gif

Actually, I haven't heard the term "Sneaky Pete" in a long time, didn't think they still made them!

Something tells me you're going to have your hands full whether Pete brings his BIG brother or not. ph34r.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.